Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tball

I can't believe it's been two months since I added anything. My apologies!! We've been doing so much at once. You know how that thing called "life" goes.

So, it's Tball season and both girls are playing. They're on the same team this year so Kelvin and I have decided to coach them (with their support, of course). Lindsey BEGGED us not to make her play, and she even cried. BUT, after the first practice, she was yelling "Practice MORE". Strange child. She LOVES it. And, she's pretty darn good, too. She can hit the ball but she loves to play defense more than offense. If she could play 1st base for the whole game she would.

Then, there's Erin. She is very strong, fast, and full of energy. We thought for sure she was going to be great. But....but....I don't know what to say. Before we go to the field everyday I ask her, "Erin, what does Mommy want you to do today?", and she says "Not play in the dirt". That's all I ask of her!!

She doesn't want to hit the ball, either. If the ball comes close to her, and she's playing in the dirt, she glances at it quickly and goes back to the dirt. In Tball, EVERYONE gets on base. In the second game (for some reason), she would run from 1st base to right field and stay on the edge of the grass to get to second base. VERY STRANGE! Kelvin was the 1st base coach and would talk to her at 1st base and she'd point to where she was going to run, but when the ball got hit, she'd take off to right field, down the first base line! Ughhhhhhh!!

I think Erin will be better at soccer or basketball! I think we need to sign her up for a game that moves quicker than this one, without all the rules. But, Lindsey has found something she loves as much as swimming and dancing. Finally, a sign that she IS my child.

More later. I'll catch up again soon.

No comments: