Thursday, October 22, 2009

My dream last night

It has been months since I've updated this blog because it's hard to write without thinking about my dad. But, last night I had an amazing experience that I hope I'll never forget.

Most of my friends and all of my family knows that my dad passed away on 6/27/09 after he lost his earthly battle to cancer. It is the greatest loss that I've ever experienced in my life and there are few that will ever be able to personally measure up to this one.

That being said, I had a dream about him last night. It felt like he was really here with me again. Before he got ill and fragile. I saw my Pops! And, it felt so natural and normal. We were at my grandmother's house. I remember walking inside the sliding glass door with him, and telling him I was cold. My dad never got cold, but I always seemed to be. So, he sat on the couch underneath the window in her family room and told me to come sit next to him and he'd warm me up. And, I sat next to him and curled up in his arms and he just held me. It was a beautiful moment, and I remember being confused, almost in disbelief. I wasn't thinking about him no longer being alive, but I knew that moment was very sweet for some unknown reason. Of course, I was awakened way to quickly that night, and was horrorified to have been wakened up in during such a precious experience.

If you are wondering why I wrote this, it's because it's a dream I hope to never forget. We all believe that there are some special ones that we shouldn't forget, but then it happens.

I hope my Pops visits me more often. He always knew when I needed a hug. I guess he still knows.

No comments: